June 2, 2010

takeout drawing


Itaewon keeps surprising me. When I first visited this former expat ghetto last year I took one look around and left in a hurry, deciding that it was so not my scene. However, my most recent visit was filled with delightful surprises. One being Takeout Drawing, a cafe/artist residency, that served up both great atmosphere and a much-needed chickpea salad. I hadn't had a single chickpea since coming to Korea, so when I saw that this was offered (on their take-home zine/menu) I ordered it immediately. Roasted chickpeas, pine nuts, spinach, dehydrated strawberries, garlic - yes please! They also have a dangerous spread of carbs, which certainly won both my boyfriend and I over. As for the clientele, there were plenty of stylish Koreans lounging on the artificial turf, sipping on espressos and Moroccan mint teas, and luring in those passing by (myself included).

2 comments:

  1. scribble..scribble...taking down notes! Thanks for sharing :) Very pretty pictures as usual!

    ReplyDelete